5 Things Your Coach Wishes You Were Doing – Anytime Fitness
5 Things Your Coach Wishes You Were Doing, But Aren’t Anytime Fitness Edgebrook gym:
Moving more with 20-minute workouts
Here’s an example of workout to complete on a day you can’t make it to the gym.
- 20 mountain climbers
- 10 squats
- 5 burpees
Repeat five rounds and rest as needed.
Making slightly better food choices
Some ideas to get you started:
- Every time you eat lunch, make sure you include veggies into your meal
- No matter what time you eat breakfast, include a protein
- Any carbohydrate you purchase must list fiber in the nutrition facts
Repetitive motions, prolonged dehydration, or tissue trauma can cause fascia to become rigid.
- Rolling before a workout is best for increased range of motion and performance
- Rolling after a workout can reduce post-workout soreness
- Don’t roll at the site of pain. If your knee hurts, for example, don’t roll the knee, instead roll around or below to locate the actual issue
- Rolling treats the symptoms but often not the underlying problems of pain and mobility issues. Rolling combined with balanced training, nutrition and sleep plan is important, too
Practicing self-care for better emotional health
If we had to choose just one action item from this list; self-care would be it!
Some things to arm yourself with:
Two-minute self-talk: Studies tell us that even a two-minute distraction is sufficient to break the urge to negative self-talk…in that moment concentrate on something else until the urge passes. Here are some of our favorite things clients say to themselves when they’re feeling down:
- I’m not ok, and that’s ok
- I can be patient
- I love myself
- No turning back now
Putting longevity on your radar
How we age is almost entirely up to us. To ensure your aging trajectory is as functional as possible, you need to begin thinking about how you want to age. The work you’re putting in now will create your future. If you picture yourself playing with your grandkids, traveling in retirement, preventing metabolic dysfunction, and beyond, the time is now to act on your health and fitness. You need a full-spectrum approach that includes a well-rounded training, nutrition, socialization, and emotional resilience. Often, people think about this too late because they make false assumptions about aging. Now, more than ever people are living happy and healthy lives into their 90s.
Plus, members and non-members can also follow us on Facebook for virtual training sessions with our coaches. Plus, if you have the Anytime Fitness app, log-in to access new workouts, set goals, and track your progress.